Olympian in Greek Mythology is the name given to any of the twelve Greek gods regarded as living on Mount Olympus. Their number always remains twelve but sometimes, some other gods can exchange their places at this counsel of Gods, however, the main gods are generally as follows:
- Zeus (God of thunder and leader of the Olympians).
- Hera (Goddess of women and marriage).
- Poseidon (God of the sea and of the earthquakes).
- Demeter (Goddess of the harvest).
- Ares (God of war).
- Hephaestus (God of fire and the forge).
- Athena (Goddess of wisdom, handicrafts, defense and strategic warfare).
- Apollo (God of light, knowledge, music, poetry, prophecy and archery).
- Artemis (Goddess of the moon, hunt, archery, virginity, childbirth and animals).
- Dionysus (God of the grape harvest).
- Hermes (God of the inventors, thieves and travelers).
- Aphrodite (Goddess of love, beauty, and desire).
The other gods and goddesses that are from time to time listed amongst the twelve are:
- Hades (God of the underworld).
- Hestia (Goddess of the hearth, architecture and the right ordering).
- Hebe (Goddess of youth).
- Eros (God of sexual love and beauty).
- Asclepius(God of medicine and healing).
- Pan (God of the wild, shepherds and flocks).
- Persephone (Queen of the Underworld and Goddess of spring time).
- Heracles (Divine Hero).
Media related with Olympian
Wrath of the Titans (2012)
Wrath of the Titans: Revenge of the Medusa (2011)
Clash of the Titans (2010)
Clash of the Gods (2009)
Wrath of the Titans: Cyclops (2009)
Wrath of the Titans (2008)
Clash of the Titans (1981)
Jason and the Argonauts (1963)